Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Red Bull Air Race 07

I’ve just bought tickets for the Red Bull Air Race 2007. I won’t repeat here the tale of woe that was my visit to the cancelled event last year, but the fact that it’s going to be in London this year (over the river between the dome and Canary Wharf) is definitely a massive bonus. Even if the British weather does its worst again, at least this time there won't be a wasted 12 hour round trip into the countryside.

And it is nice of the organisers to be offering a priority purchasing period to those of us who were disappointed by last year’s last minute cancellation.

I'll be taking a camera, of course, with the hope of getting some better shots than I did last year (we didn't see a single plane, even on the ground, and it was so wet that I feared the rain would ruin the camera if I took it out of the case).

I'll be overjoyed if I can take anything even nearly as good as these shots taken by Jim Skea at the event in Rio last month. These are awesome:

Red Bull Air Race, Rio
Red Bull Air Race Rio (3), originally uploaded by Jim Skea.

Red Bull Air Race, Rio
Red Bull Air Race Rio (6), originally uploaded by Jim Skea.

Red Bull Air Race, Rio
Red Bull Air Race (4), originally uploaded by Jim Skea.

No comments: